Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed sticky liquid discharge from penis with foul smell. What am I suffering from?

I am XXXXXXX aged 25 years working for a software concern in Bangalore. FOr more than 2 weeks my penis head is leaking with sticky liquid with a foul smell and surrounding the penis area it was little darker colour which created itiching.I went to general physician and he prescribed medcines and i am taking it regularly. Now at some time i am get a very bad smell from me penis and inner part is always wet with the foul smell.Kindly let me know what i should do next.
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Dilip Raja 18 minutes later
Ideally, you need to be examined by a urologist and let him evaluate you.

However, I need to ask you if this discharge started after a sexual intercourse.

Please also let me know if you have any urinary symptoms like burning sensation,increases frequency of urine. This will mean you might have contracted a foreskin or not.

There could be many more reasons for such a discharge and let your urologist evaluate you. He will take a smear of your discharge and send it for microscopic examination to detect any infection in general or specific organism like gram negative Diplococci .

Hope this satisfies you and you can take proper treatment.

Best wishes

Dr Dilip Raja