Noticed spotting, light headaches. Taking baby aspirin. Had mini stroke, hysterectomy and UTI. Advice?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
I am a 50 year old female, and ever since I had a mini-stroke back in early February, I noticed some spotting. I was told to take baby aspirin and I thought this may have been the cause, but I was told that baby aspirin would not cause any blood loss. I had a hysterectomy 11 years ago and I have had UTIs in the past. I am a little scared right now because I am not in pain, however, I do experience light headedness.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 56 minutes later
Hi Cathi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Baby aspirin of 75 mg does not cause bleeding in majority women. Try to differentiate whethe bleeding is from urine or vagina. 2) Since you had hysterectomy, no possibility of bleeding from uterus. The bleeding if at all from vagina, it needs to be differentiated by doing a speculum examination in gynecologist office. Hence if you suspect vaginal bleeding, please get speculum examination of vagina done. 3) I suggest you give urine also for microscopic examination to check presence of blood or infection. It can be easily treated if infection is present. 4) There is nothing major to worry. Please follow above advice which will identify cause and treatment. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Noticed spotting, light headaches. Taking baby aspirin. Had mini stroke, hysterectomy and UTI. Advice? 11 hours later
Thank you very much Dr. Koregol. I found this information very helpful. Before I asked the question, I was not sure if I should go to my General Practitioner for a urine test, or straight to my Gynecologist. Now I am clear with who I will make an appointment with. My Gynecologist is a Urologist as well, and he can probably give me a prognosis in a timely manner.

Again, thank you for your advice.

Kind Regards,
Cathi Pope

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Hi cathi, I am glad that my answer was useful for you. Please accept my answer and write a review if you found my answer helpful. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Noticed spotting, light headaches. Taking baby aspirin. Had mini stroke, hysterectomy and UTI. Advice? 21 hours later
Will do Dr. Koregol. I went to my gynecologist yesterday after reading your reply. What I have is Vaginal Atrophy and I now have the means to treat it. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,
Cathi Pope

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 38 minutes later
Hi Cathi,

I am glad that you have diagnosis. Now you have the treatment with you. I hope my answer was useful for you. Please accept my answer and write a review.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol