Noticed spotting for few days. Should I be worried?

Sep 2012

hello i have been having a problem i have been spotting for 3 days it stop now but i am worried because this has never happen to me before
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 11 minutes later

Thank you for posting a question in this website.

Look, for a better explanation and suggestion, you have to provide me the following information
1.     Last date of menstruation.
2.     Usual gap between two periods.
3.     Usual duration of bleeding during menstruation.
4.     Any pill you are taking right now.

This type of spotting most commonly seen during ovulation. That occurs due to hormonal changes followed by ovulation.

If you are taking contraceptive pills, then you can experience this type of spotting. That is very common side effect.

If you are in a sexual relationship, then chance of implantation bleeding due to unprotected intercourse is also a possibility.

If you are in the middle of your regular cycle, then there is very high possibility of spotting due to ovulation. If other possibilities like pregnancy are excluded, then you have nothing to worry.

So, provide me the above mentioned information for a better suggestion.

Follow-up: Noticed spotting for few days. Should I be worried? 7 minutes later
last menstruation:2/9/2013 duration:7 days usual gap is 2-3 days i had unprotected sex one after my period and took the contraceptic pill
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, your last date was in February 9. That means, your next period is due around 9th March.

As you had unprotected sex and then took contraceptive pill, then there is very high possibility of side effect of the pill. So, do not worry. Just wait for 9th March. If you miss the period, do a home pregnancy test on or after that day. If it is negative, then you have nothing to worry. You have to wait for normal bleeding.

So, the next action will be determined on that test result.

Hope this information suffices.