Noticed spotting and experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Could the spotting be implantation bleeding?

May 2013
hi, my last 3 cycles go as this. 26days, 35days(witch ended in a chemical pregnency),then this month on my 36th day i had some brown discharge that turned into very light bleeding that stoped after 2 days. i only used 2 pantie liners. its been 2 dayss since i quit bleeding. yet i still feel preg symptems....fatigued(cant seem to sleep enough), lower back pain, bloating, breast tenderness thats never been this bad, exsept with the chemical, mood swings. could that light bleed been inplentation. ive been taking hpts and the last one i took was the day after i stopped bleeding and it was neg. what do you think?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hormonal effect, possibility of pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your symptoms are : - After undergoing miscarriage, it will take some time for the hormones to come back to normal levels. So hormonal imbalance may be one cause for your symptoms. -Spotting before actual period can be seen sometimes due to hormonal effect. In that case the symptoms you are having could be part of premenstrual syndrome. -Sometimes premenstrual phase symptoms may extend postmenstrually also in some women. In that case the spotting you had could be scanty flow during periods or hypomenorrhea. -If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy. Then the spotting could be implantation bleeding. At present it is difficult to decide the cause of the symptoms because beta hcg levels of previous pregnancy may interfere with results . So take symptomatic treatment with your doctor's advice now. Wait for one more week. If the symptoms persist, go for blood test for pregnancy once. Depending on the levels of hcg one conclusion can be drawn regarding pregnancy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Noticed spotting and experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Could the spotting be implantation bleeding? 27 minutes later
my hcg levels were at 0, 7days after i stopped bleeding from the chemical. and my pms symptems have never lingered after i stopped bleeding.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Then now you can go for blood test for pregnancy. According to the hcg levels one conclusion can be drawn about pregnancy. If hcg levels are below 5, the possibility of pregnancy can be ruled out. And you can take symptomatic treatment with analgesics and antacids . Possibly this can help in relieving the symptoms. If hcg levels comes above 25, that confirms the possibility of pregnancy. Then you can proceed accordingly with your doctor's advice. Take care.