Noticed spotting and back cramping. Feel nausea. Breasts feel tender. Am I pregnant?

Mar 2013
Hello! I began spotting yesterday, the 31st of July. And today, August 1st, still very light spotting. Very little back cramping. The whole month of July my appetite has been outrageous. Strong appetite. I feel nausious. Have not had a full flow. And I usually see blood when i urinate. I have been urinating often than usual while on my period. I sleep a lot. My breasts are still tender. And my appetite is still quite strong. I eat and sleep. Wake up to eat. I felt like I was coming down with something a couple says prior to me spotting. Am I pregnant?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 37 minutes later

All the symptoms you describe are not specific for pregnancy.

They could mean a pregnancy, and just as easily could indicate pre menstrual symptoms.

With abnormal spotting, the possibility DOES include an ongoing pregnancy, a miscarriage going on, or an ectopic pregnancy.

Once in a while, apart from pregnancy too, spotting could occur.

Causes include - anxiety, stress, travelling, weight changes, thyroid hormone fluctuations, polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia, drug ingestion etc.

Please take a pregnancy test to differentiate these from pregnancy related causes.

Feel free to discuss further.