Noticed spotting after ovulation. Have terrible bloating, constipation, and cramping. Pregnancy test negative. Suggestions?

About five days after I think I ovulated, I began to spot (brown for the most part, red when I have a bowl movement) it's going on 9 days now, along with terrible bloating, constipation, and mild to moderate cramping. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 30 minutes later

thanks for the query.

Brown vaginal discharge may be due to ovulation bleeding( you may not always predict ovulation correctly). There are many other possible reasons for this problem including some infection mainly chlamydia or gonnorhoea or some growth in uterus or vagina.Early pregnancy can also cause such symptoms and pregnancy test may be negative in very early pregnancy.

In my opinion, you should wait for your period date to get a repeat pregnancy test. Till then, you can take symptomatic treatment in form of antacids for bloating and paracetamol for pain relief.You should also get a gynecological examination done to find some pathological cause behind it.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: