Noticed spotting after intercourse and missing periods. Should I be worried?

Hi i had a mid cycle bleed for the first time this month, went to the doctor she didn't seem to concerned, after sex with my boyfriend 2 days ago i noticed small amount of brownish disharge on my pants, im due my period now am maybe a day or so late. should i be worried its something serious?
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Bleeding during sexual intercourse is not uncommon. It can happen due to some conditions such as:
1. Local infection or ulcer in private parts
2. Cervical erosion-ulcer like thing on tip of cervix
3. Forceful act
4. Lack of proper arousal which might lead to poor lubrication and friction
at times.

Please discuss this with your gynecologist and get your self examined.
In mean time please use lubrication and ask your partner to use condom to avoid friction.
Take good healthy diet, XXXXXXX in fruits and salads to maintain over all good health.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.