Noticed spotting. Had PAP test. Suggest?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
About 5 days ago, I started to have very light red blood on the tissue when I wiped myself after voiding. I have not had a period in more than 3.5 years. I have not had a PAP test in 4-5 years, and have an appointment for 10.22. Should I have a PAP taken sooner?? What can this be???
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not an emergency

Detailed Answer:
Hi, this could be a casual bleed which some menopausal women experience. But it could also be due to some underlying polyp or fibroid. It will be wise to rule out malignancy. I suggest examination by gynecologist to check cervix , do a pap smear and get an ultrasound of uterus. Its ok to go on appointment day as fixed since its not an emergency. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr . Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Noticed spotting. Had PAP test. Suggest? 12 minutes later
There is a clinic nearby that would perform a PAP test tomorrow. Should I have this done as soon as I can, then still go to the Gynecologist on 10.22?? The bleeding has been increasing, if only slightly. Thank you so much, Dr. Koregoi.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
get scan and papsmear

Detailed Answer:
Hi, you get pap smear done and also get ultrasound scan done and XXXXXXX gynecologist with both reports which would help the doctor to diagnose properly. Regards

Follow-up: Noticed spotting. Had PAP test. Suggest? 3 hours later
Thank you so much, Dr. Koregol!!! I will go today. You have done so much to help me feel better about not over-reacting. Wishing you health and good fortune! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Brief Answer:
please write review

Detailed Answer:
Hi, i am glad i could be of help to you. Please accept my answer & write a review . Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol