Noticed spots along spine that looks like scabs. Suggest?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hello- I just noticed my daughter has 3 spots along her spine that look like scabs. What should I do?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scabs represent healing of wound

Detailed Answer:
Scabs usually represent a phase in the healing of the wound and present as hard skin.
Since you have mentioned that your daughter has 3 spots looking like scabs and if it is scab only nothing needs to be done as she would have sufferred minor injury which is now healing. If she is complaining of pain then needs to be treated with local antibiotic ointments.

Hope I have answered your query

Thank you

Follow-up: Noticed spots along spine that looks like scabs. Suggest? 8 hours later
Thank you for your answer sir. Did you have a chance to look at the picture of the spots ai posted?

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please send the pictures

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry, I couldn't see any pictures attached to this query. Can you repost the pictures using the site's uploader. Alternatively you may send it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn Dr. Dadapeer"

Thank you

Follow-up: Noticed spots along spine that looks like scabs. Suggest? 48 minutes later
I just sent the picture via e-mail. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Healing abrasions of the skin

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

I went through the pictures which you have sent. The photo appears like the lesions are healing. You can use antibiotic skin ointments for local application. The lesions will heal over 2- 3 days.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you