Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed soreness under foreskin. Tested negative for STD. Feeling tingling in testicles. Worrisome

HIV AIDS Specialist
returned from Ghana last December, I was with my new partner at the time which I continue to see now, at the time we didnt have intercourse only oral sex. On return I had a weak bladder, doctor said no UTI. I then had a sore appear about 2 cm on the underside of my foreskin, so Doctor referred me to local GUM STD clinic, I had all STD tests both blood and culture all negative, and the specialist said the sore which looks like a pale snail trail, which has not got any larger since its appearance some 6 months ago ( but is sore ) just wont go, they said it was just scar tissue, from what I do not know. I do get a constant tingling sensation in my testicles and my foreskin when pulled back from my gland is sensitive and has minor red blotches ( very minor ). I am reluctant to go back to specialist as they twice tested me for all STD's and local GP was not much help.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later

Thanks for your question.

I can understand your apprehension. Blood test for Sexually transmitted disease (STD) done to usually detect syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea, other non-gonococcal organisms and herpes. All the other minor STD's cannot be tested. The diagnosis is mainly established by clinical findings and relevant laboratory test.

If the doctor has examined you in person and all other test were not reactive, then this is unlikely to be related to STD's. So do not worry.

The scar tissue may have tingling sensation for some time and it may get accustomed after sometime.

The minor red blotches may have developed recently due to mild inflammation of your glans and foreskin caused either by yeast infection or some irritants such as soaps or antiseptics or any other topical applications. Do visit your dermatologist without fear of STD's. He/she can examine the red blotches and let you know the exact cause.

From your description, I do not find any reasons to worry.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other inquiries.

Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan