Noticed some growth in between vagina and anus. What could it be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hi, I have some sort of growth in between my vagina and anus. Wondering what it is?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting,
Also nice you included the photo as it will be helpful determining the cause of your growth. It would have been helpful if you told me how long this has been evolving or present? After looking at the image this looks like a benign lump which could be due to polyp or condyloma (due to viral or syphilis infection). Excluding hemorrhoid will also be good. The exact cause will be hard to tell without doing a biopsy. I recommend you see a gynobs with it. To treat you might require cryotherapy.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got further worries.
Sincerely
Dr Nsah