Noticed small swelling in neck without pain. Is it due to infection or anxiety?

i can notice a small swelling behind my right ear on the neck without pain..since two days i can also notice mild pain in the middle of the neck backside. I checked with two Drs and no one is giving me any proper reply...some says its an infection and your body is said its neck muscle spasm..its almost 2 months. I had by blood test done which include, Thyroid, Blood CP with ESR and HIV... All ok not abnormality...Someone said its because of anxiety...i used to have mild depression but no more since two years...i am very over sensitive...Please advise :(
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

first extremely sorry for the delay in the answer.

Second i will request some information about the swelling. is it mobile? its size? for how much time you have noticed it? does it increase in size with time or is constant in size? do you have any history of weight loss? cough? or any other symptom other than you have already mentioned? Also i would like to know the report values especially ESR.

will be waiting for your response

Follow-up: Noticed small swelling in neck without pain. Is it due to infection or anxiety? 2 hours later
It's a size less then half inch approx. Spreader within Half inch like pimple but it's not clearly visible and need to press the area to feel it. I've noticed since 1 month.
It's changes the size but maximum less then half inch.
No weight loss at all. No Cough.

I forgot to tell you that I regularly do brisk walk very hard One and also do started light exercise by keeping 2 kg dumbles and bend towards both sides Simaltanously. SInce last two days I am also having difficulty moving my neck especially towards right side. However I am not doing exercise except walk. No difference in stamina. Like I did 7 kms day before yesterday.

I don't have my blood reports right now. But ESR was 11 mm
WBC was 6.7, palates were 180x

Remaining were within the range. My GP said its muscle spasm not lymph nod.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 7 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

You are doing exercise, its good for your health.
The location and the symptoms you have described are in correspondence with two conditions. that are post auricular lymphadenopathy ( lymphnode enlargement) and subcutaneous nodule. However both conditions do not have any significant risk to harm or affect your health. It is an idiopathic enlargement which do not require any treatment. just wait and observe for size.

f you have further queries, feel free to ask. It will be my pleasure to help you