Noticed small shiny flesh colored bump on head of penis. Also found skin tags. Could it be genital warts?

About 1 month ago a small shiny flesh colored bump appeared on the head of my penis. It does not hurt, and it has not grown larger.

Upon closer inspection, I've also found other smaller bumps, but these are almost like very small skin tags. Does any of this sound like genital warts? Or is this just normal for skin to look like this? Should I visit a doctor to have this examined?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to us.

If you are seeing small skin tags in clusters, genital warts must be excluded clinically.
This is caused by human papilloma virus and is highly contagious. Some patients can remain asymptomatic for long durations and symptoms may appear fast in others.

The lesions are seen in clusters, more in distal shaft/ glans or penile bulb. Initially they are completely painless and may develop itching later on.

I suggest you consult your doctor and have your condition confirmed after clinical examination.

Hope your query is answered.
Should there be any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Dr A Rao Kavoor