Noticed small red fleshy pieces in stool. No blood in bowel movement. What's going on?

I have some small red fleshy pieces in my stool? i ate a small tomatoe 2 days ago but some of the red fleshy bits were covering 2 small yellow corn pieces which makes me think it could be blood. maybe they stuck together? I have no blood in toilet bowl or on toilet paper. thanks
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 9 minutes later
Thank you for the query.
Unlikely it is blood, more likely to be food residue.
But worthwhile getting a stool routine done to be sure since your doc is suspicious of you suffering from IBD.
Scans are likely to be normal in IBD/IBS. Stool routine examination if shows RBC or pus cells, then worthwhile getting a colonoscopy done to be sure.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.