Noticed small movable lump on genital region. Should I be worried?

Question
I just noticed a small pea sized hard movable lump on the flesh covering my female genitalia...should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 37 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Good that kidney cancer was treated at an early stage and there are no signs of secondaries since 12 years.
Since the pea sized mass is hard, it is something to be concerned about. However cancerous lesions are usually fixed and not mobile as in your case.
Moreover it is just a size of a pea. So you need not worry.
Sebaceous cyst also presents exactly in the same way.

To be on a safer side, i recommend you to consult a Gynecologist for physical examination and relevant investigations. You can be relaxed once tumor is ruled out.
Sebaceous cyst is completely treatable.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Noticed small movable lump on genital region. Should I be worried? 6 hours later
I have always been prone to cysts. What causes these cysts? Is there something that I can do to prevent them...does this make me prone to tumours?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 6 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Most often, this occurs in areas where there are small hair follicles and larger oil glands.
1. What causes these cysts? There are many causes. Some of them include in-growth of hair, oily skin, constant friction and tight clothes.

2. Is there something that I can do to prevent them? I suggest you to keep the part dry. Always use clean ant loose fitting clothes .

3. does this make me prone to tumours? Absolutely No. You are not prone to tumors because of sebaceous cyst.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask for further clarifications.
regards,
Dr Nilofer