Noticed small hard bump in the inside of the middle of earlobe, sensitive to touch. What it could be?

just the other day i started to notice that there was a small hard bump in the inside of the middle of my earlobe. It is sensitive to the touch and has also started turning a somewhat bruised blueish color at the bottom. What do you think it could be.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting query,

I have read your mail in detail. I would need some more information that can help me address your concerns better.
1. Is it painful?
2. Is there a discharge from the ear?
3. Any ringing sensation in the ear?
4. Any fever / itching in ear?

Based on the details submitted, it can be a collection of wax in the ear, a infection (if you have discharge or fever) or a wound that has occurred due to injury while cleaning your ear.

Hope you will reply soon, so that I will able to give you a clear and detail answer.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Noticed small hard bump in the inside of the middle of earlobe, sensitive to touch. What it could be? 15 hours later
yes its some what painful but its not in my ear its like a ball on my earlobe. In the area that a girl would have a earring. There seems to be very minimal discharge but a little scab over it. It is also still blue at the bottom.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

It seems to have bacterial infection. You need to be seen by your prescribe you effective antibiotics as for treatment. As slight discharge is noticed, so you have to clean the site by antiseptic solution and apply aseptic dressing to it. It is better to get it done by your doctor.

Don't worry about the discoloration, it is due to infection and inflammation. It reduces when you start taking your antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.

So, be free to consult your doctor, get started with the treatment and investigation, if needed.

Write if you have any query.

Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery

Dr. Kulbir Singh