Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed small crack and red patches under foreskin after gallbladder stone surgery. Any suggestion?

Dear Doctor,
I had got gall blader stone surgery one year back.Next day after surgery ,I saw a small crack under the fore skin.Then it dissappeared and came back after some time.With the time I am feeling problem during sex with my wife.Now it is red patches under the foreskin and on the head of penis.It some times itches.After usind Clobetasole ointment it dissapears but after some time it again appears.
My wife is the only sex partner to me.
Please suggest.

Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

From the description given it looks like you might have or had balanoposthitis. The reasons are several. It is important to stop the clobetasol and get the region examined by the nearby Dermatologist or General Physician for confirmation of the above possibility. If confirmed this is completely treatable with proper medication.

Clobetasol cream does no good for your problem.

You need a better lubrication like KY Jelly before you try to harden the penis. This also helps for better penetration during intercourse.

Let me know if you have further inqury into the problem.

Follow-up: Noticed small crack and red patches under foreskin after gallbladder stone surgery. Any suggestion? 13 hours later
Dear Doctor,

It was supposed to get prescription of medicine from your side,Any way,I have contacted a doctor.He has prescrbed Fluconazole-150 mg Tablets ,once daily for a month.Candid ointment twice daily.
Let me know,is it OK ?

Yes, go ahead with this treatment. Keep the area dry and use lubrication if you resume the intercourse.

As the diagnosis was not made I cannot give a prescription here.

If you do not have further queries, please close our discussion now.

Wish you good health.