Noticed small brown spot on eyelid, looks like freckles. Not painful and raised. What is it?

I just noticed a small brown spot on my left eyelid it kinda looks like a freckle it's not elevated and it doesn't hurt, I'm just worried what it could be?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Be relaxed, don't be overly worried

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for your query.

I am so sorry to hear about this brown spot on your eyelid and all the troubling thoughts this has caused you.

From the description, it is called a macule. They generally do not represent any pathology. The greatest discomfort is the esthetics that some may not just tolerate. However, unless there is some other underlying problem, these lesions generally fade away with time.

I generally ask my patients not to get worried with non specific lesions like that. We monitor over tie and if more symptoms should set in, then we investigate further. In more than 8/10, we never get to do anything more beyond observation because it fade away. I will encourage you to monitor over tie as well and let's follow it evolution and make further decisions in future if need be.

I hope this addresses your query fully and provide guidance on how to approach this problem. thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD