Noticed slow urination and enlarged prostrate. How can I lower psa number?

how can i lower my psa number,mine is 3.4,im 52 work out tree times a week,eat healthy,ive had a byopsy no cancer,ive always urinated slowly,enlarged prostate, by theres never any waking up at nite to go,my doctor says its oklife extension mag says anything over a 2 is serious.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland. The PSA test measures the level of PSA in a man’s blood.

The normal range in general is considered as below 4.

Common reasons for elevated PSA are,

>Prostate Cancer
>Infection in prostate
>Enlarged prostate due to any reason including age

Only elevated PSA does not carry much significance as far as diagnosis of prostate cancer is concerned.

Elevated PSA when found, your doctor will advise some tests like, ultrasound for prostate, biopsy along with rectal examination. Putting all this things together will provide clue to the problem.

I do not find any reason for worry in your case. Your doctor is right.

Just keep regular follow up as advised.