Noticed slightly raised dark bruise on hip. What cure should be done?

hi I my soon has a dark bruise about 5cm in diameter just above his left hip it's quiet dark bowny colour with a white centre that is slightly raised and hard to touch
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 56 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Though you have mentioned that your son has a bruise, you have not mentioned if he hurt himself or fell down. How did it occur and for how long it has been there? The bruised area is always a bit hard as there is blood collection in the underlying skin. It shall take at least 7 days to resolve.

If the bruise occurred today then you need to apply cold compresses for the next day or two. Thereafter you can apply warm compresses for relief of pain.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to add more facts.

Wishing your son all the best.