Noticed slight redness on hair follicles on penis. Painless and shaved. Need advise?

On the weekend I noticed slight redness to what appeared to be some of my hair follicles on my penis (right hand underside shaft) and thought nothing of them.
It is now Friday and I now have two shiny red bumps (not raised - more like blemishes)
One is around 5mm, the other is around 3mm.
When I looked at them yesterday, it appeared to me as though to the centre of them was a black dot (possible trapped hair).
I went home yesterday and removed at least one hair from one or two of them (small hairs, hence my uncertainty).
They are completely painless and are not raised.
Could they be an STD?

I shaved last week with an electric razor but have also had unprotected sex.

Please help.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
two possibilities

Detailed Answer:

It seems like a possible hair follicle infection. However, in such as case, pain is characteristic symptoms. You seem to not have pain at all.

This is possible due to the razor used last week. Is it possible for you to post high clarity and magnification pictures of the same? If yes, please use the feature provided on this query page and upload the images.

You have also had unprotected sex. There is also a possibility of STD in you.

Painless, unraised or flat lesions without any other symptoms can be an STD mostly Chancroid, LGV or even syphilis.

Why don't you get tested for the STD panel? Just to be on the safer side.

You may want to take presumptive treatment for STD in the form of Azithromycin single dose. This is a prescription drug. You may want to get it prescribed by your primary care physician.

Hope this helps you. Do write back for further discussion on the same.