Noticed slight itching on penis after protected sex. Is this an infection?

Question
had protected sex with a female worker.i am a male 46 years old.10 days later i feel a slight itch on my penis.there is no discharge ,pain or swelling.only in the morning when i wash my foreskin i can see tiny particles white in colour.maybe smegma.has it become more active .is this an infection or just anxiety.during sex the condom was fully intact.kindly advise.the itching is very slight.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: I don't think this is related to infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your description does not sound to be related to infection. Without significant itching, redness, soreness and discharge possibilities of infection is remote. Therefore do not be worried. Smegma collection is related to personal hygiene. You need to regularly clean and maintain healthy personal hygiene. If the itching is troubling now or becomes troubling in the due course of time, I suggest you to apply candid cream topically on the affected area. In short, do not be worried. Maintain proper personal hygiene and apply candid cream if needed. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards

Follow-up: Noticed slight itching on penis after protected sex. Is this an infection? 9 minutes later
Why has itching though slight started after 10days.before intercourse there was no itch or smegma built up.i wash my foreskin everyday and maintain good hygiene.do I need any std tests. Kindly advise.thanks

Answered by Dr. Prasad 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection is low with protected sexual intercourse Detailed Answer: Hi, Protected sexual intercourse lowers chances of infection to almost zero. In the absence of significant itching and associated symptoms, I wouldn't push my patients for infection screening especially when intercourse was a protected one. Off course, you will need to watch and observe. Consider testing after examination if you develop new symptoms. As far as your second question about why you developed fresh symptoms now, perhaps they may be related to allergy or minor inflammation or other unknown factors. I would try candid cream if itching is troubling you. Further since persistent smegma can make you itch, continue cleaning it regularly and maintain good hygiene. Hope this clears your doubts. Write back if you need clarifications. Regards