Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed skin toned bump on the foreskin. Should I be worried?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Hello, doctor. I've had a very small flesh-tone bump on the left side of my foreskin for about a month. I can only feel it when the skin is pulled back, when I'm taking a shower for instance. I can move it under the skin, so it isn't anchored. I'm sexually active, but with only my fiancee. I was wondering if this is something to worry about. It has not grown at all in size since I noticed it. I have a bit of an anxiety issue, and I'm trying not to freak myself out.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic

Is the skin toned bump on the foreskin associated with some kind of uretheral discharge, burning urination, pain lower abdomen or swelling anywhere near the genetalia?
If any of these features are present, an infection either of the urinary tract or genital tract may be present.
A urine examination- routine and microscopy should be done.

In case there is no evidence of infection, an excision (surgical removal) of the bump can be done. You will have to consult a surgeon for this procedure.
A subsequent histopathological examination (microscopic examination) can be done to know the type of lesion.

In case you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal