Noticed skin tags around vagina and some inside. Haven't had sex. What could be these?

Question
ive noticed what looks like loose skin or skin tags around vagina and some inside. I haven't had sex in over a year so I don't think it could be a disease.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 25 minutes later
Hi GoldiLocks1022

Thanks for the query

Skin tags in vaginal area are non-cancerous skin growths which appear more commonly with ageing. Some times debris can get trapped in them and they can become infected.They are not communicable and harmless otherwise except the occasional risk of infection.They can become sore with friction of sanitary tampons, underwear or sexual intercourse.

In my opinion, you should get yourself examined by a gynecologist/dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and get a planned treatment in form of electrosurgery/ cryosurgery/ laser/ surgical removal.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW