Noticed skin growth in scrotum. Is there any home remedy? What are the chances of infertility?

Hello, my boyfriend is without health insurance and is quite stressed out from this growth in one of his sacks.. is there any home remedies? Im really worried if it's cancerous. Please help! Also, what are the chances for infertility?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

I understand your concern towards your boyfriend.

I would like to know a few things here.

Is the growth visible to naked eye or he is feeling a growth inside his testicle sacs?

How long has it been there?

Is it in both the sacs and one?

Was there a history of trauma prior to this growth?

Please write a bit more about his concern, so that I can suggest better.

The only home remedies are to keep ice packs locally to reduce the size and decrease the inflammation. He should also be wearing lose underwear.

I do not think it is cancerous at this stage.

A physical examination by a PCP is required to rule out the cancer and also to check for the chances of infertility.

Given your boyfriend's condition, it is imperative to XXXXXXX a local doctor and get examined. There are 'Cash Only' doctors who give great discounts up to 90% whom you can find in your local area. There are certain Urgent clinics managed by Nurse practitioners at very low cost. Try to find them out in the area and get him examined.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Noticed skin growth in scrotum. Is there any home remedy? What are the chances of infertility? 17 hours later
Thank you very much.
to answer your questions..
its about the size of a pea, not visible but you can feel it.
it's been there for about 6-7 months.
it's only present in one of his sacs.
I don't believe there to be any historical trauma prior.
Also, he says sometimes his balls feel heavy or full..
Thanks again.
Awaiting your response,
Concerned girlfriend.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later

Thanks for providing me the details.

It seems like a small varicocoele in one of his testicles. I do not think there is any major health concern here.

Getting an ultrasound scan of the scrotum will help in confirming the cause. The treatment can be planned accordingly.

Feeling of heaviness or fullness in the sacs is generally of sign of Varicocoele.

Meanwhile, let him continue to wear loose undergarments to prevent any further damage.

Hope this helps. If you have no further queries, you may close the discussion and write a review.