Noticed skin growth between anus and scrotum. Getting pain after squeezing. Should I go to ER?

Hi i'm 5'10 300 lbs I was showering last night and I noticed a growth of some sort under the skin between my Anus and Scrotum, closer to my anus more on the left side of my butt cheek about one inch long oval shaped it feels like its attached to something. It isnt bothering me but if i squeeze on it a little it does give me some pain just wondering if I should go to the ER and get it checked out.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 1 hour later
What you are describing seems to be an anal skin tag, which is fairly common, and a completely benign entity. Of course you should have it checked out by a physician to make sure it is nothing else such as a condiloma, anal cancer (rare, particularly at your age), thrombosed hemorrhoids, etc. I wouldn't advise you to go to the emergency department unless the pain is strong and doesn't go away, since the type of doctor that has the most expertise for these kind of problems is a colorectal surgeon, and these are issues they prefer to evaluate in the office. You will probably get an anoscopy by the surgeon as well.
Hope that helped. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.