Noticed skin eruption on scalp and neck. Is this related to immune system?

I am an 83 yr old male. For months a miserable condition has been on both scalp & neck.Regular eruptions from either hair follicules or pores eruppt like extruded dissolvable , irregularly shaped. When wiped off with waer, they return immediately. Neck becomes stif until washed. Possible falulty immune factor cause?d Until recently, 8 local deermatologists have said, It's a figment of your immagination, all in your head, even without taking scrape or other samplings for the lab. Theyneed more training. Am cosidering using hydrocotisone gellsl, anything short of gasoline and a match. Thanks for your comments. XXXXXX
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I understand how disheartening it could be maybe when a client s concerns are not addressed, or maybe not well discussed.
Skin eruptions deserve a keen clinical evaluation. It would be important to consider the conditions through which you started experiencing them, whether they itch or not? Is there any other person around you having the same symptoms? Any drugs used already and what is the response on these treatments? Any associated symptoms such as fever or not.
What you describe sound more like an inflammatory condition, although a bacterial or fungal infection could also be associated.
I suggest you take a topical creams containing steroids, anti fungals and anti biotics (Positon cream/Neomedrol) for two weeks twice daily and see the clinical evolution.
The ideal however, maybe is booking an appointment with a different experienced dermatologist. I understand how disappointed you might have been with those you have seen in the past. If the symptoms do not improve under the above suggestion which I really hope, I suggest you must have to book another dermatological evaluation.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.