Noticed skin discoloration . Could it be hpv, herpes or STD?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hello, what do this look like to you..... is it anything specific? does it look like HPV or herpes or any STD? or just from not washing properly?

here is a picture:

it's stain looking spot/discoloration.... as you can see from the photo. Please let me know your opinion based on the photo, thank you
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

I am sure that it is not either HPV or Herpes lesion as visualized from the photograph sent by you.

It is purely a skin condition. Possibly a ringworm infection or a Tinea Versicolar infection. Kindly XXXXXXX a Dermatologist. He/she will be able to guide you for further management. Nothing serious and not related to Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

If you have a risk in your sexual activity, kindly have tests for STD, HIV, Hepatitis etc. even though the present lesion shown in the photograph is not related to STD.

Safe sex will always better.
Get well soon.
Follow-up: Noticed skin discoloration . Could it be hpv, herpes or STD? 34 hours later
DR, I did notice a few red spots pop up this morning (i shaved yesterday 24 hours ago).... and this morning i notice these red dots pop up... what could that be...

do you see the red dots around the discoloration?

here is a photo:
please let meknow
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome back with your follow up question.
I saw the picture sent by you and able to see the red spots and few small pustules over there.

Do you hvae itching or not?
Once again I confirm you this lesions are not related to any STDs. These are superficial skin infections due to skin bacterial flora or hair folliculitis. A dermatologist will help you better. You may need to take antibiotics and anti fungal creams. It is not a big issue and can easily be handled.
Kindly consult your physician.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Noticed skin discoloration . Could it be hpv, herpes or STD? 21 minutes later
thanks for your reply..... i have minor itching.... mostly when i touch the area. on 1-10 scale..... (10 being very itchy)... my itching is maybe a 3. I hear this is normal after shaving? these bumps happened 24 hours after shaving the genital area with razor (and little shaving gel)
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Welcome back.

Your statement once again confirms that your problem is a dermatological problem and not due to STD.

As I have told you before, you are having a fungal infection and superficial and mild bacterial infection. A dermatologist will handle the same very easily and you will be alright very soon.
I hope that you got the information.