Noticed skin color changed after one month of swimming. Applying SPF15 cream. Remedy?

Hi, I have a query related to skin and this is for my son. My 10 year old son had attended a swimming camp for 1 month( It got over in April 2013). But after that, his skin color has reduced almost 3 times. His normal complexion is between wheatish and fair. But now he is really discolored and is between dark and wheatish. He himself started to ask, Mom, why have I turned dark. Im very much concerned. Can you suggest any remedies. Or will it change in due course. My son have started applying SPF15 cream now, but he didnt apply any cream during the swimming period, as I was unaware of such a threat. Should I do something more in this regard. Hope I get a possible remedy.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Can you please upload the photograph of the child in follow up query.
Take photos in morning hours, in day light with flash off.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Noticed skin color changed after one month of swimming. Applying SPF15 cream. Remedy? 3 days later
Hi Dr,

I have uploaded the photograph of my child, before and after swimming. Please suggest me a suitable remedy. I think there is only little time left for the discussion to close. Awaiting a quick response.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Welcome back.
I think the boy has got excessive tanning due to using open swimming pool in bright dat light.
Second possibility is that his skin has got pigmented due to the purifying chemicals in the pool water.
In either case the condition is self limiting and does not need medicines for treatment.
Ask him to stay indoors during XXXXXXX hours of day.
He should XXXXXXX full sleeve white cotton suit to keep sun exposure minimum.
His tone will return to full in coming days.
I hope the advise will be helpful.