Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed shrunken gum after smoking weed. Will this turn back to normal?

smoked weed for the first time with my friend in his house for his 21st birthday. i didn't really drink any alcohol just smoked a little bit with him. that same night i noticed that my gums in the back of my mouth right behind my very back teeth on my right hand side of my mouth deteriorated or shrunk or...SOMETHING! and even now being almost a full week later im still feeling only my left side feeling normal and my right side feeling like im missing some of my gums...rather than feeling an edgy feeling on my tongue passing the back teeth to my gums i only feel teeth then a drop from my teeth to gums on the much lower part of my right hand side of my mouth...will this return back to normal...? i feel like i made a very bad mistake just from wanting to make my friends 21st special...
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
One of multiply effects of cannabis is analgesia, altered sensorium, so in your case possible you still under this effect of drug , you can’t fell properly your right side of mouth. You must know that marijuana with ethanol even in small amount increase effects of analgesia and sedation, depression of nervous system. As you know ethanol and cannabis are contraindicated in peoples who had seizures disorders in the past. But don’t worry in your case these symptoms will last for few days then will disappeared , important avoid now alcohol and weed, assure adequate fluid intake, nutrition, physical activity ( sport), vitamins.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,