Noticed shrinkage and pain in testicle while having erection and ejaculation. How to cure this?

Hello. I've had a somewhat embarrassing and uncomfortable condition for my adult life. Whenever I have an erection, my testicles suck up behind the pubic region and really close to my body. I have to work them back down or it becomes very painful, especially before ejaculation. Under normal circumstances, both testicles hang normally. Is there something that can be done to fix this? I've never discussed this with a doctor. Sadly, it's even difficult to discuss it here. I appreciate your time.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 25 minutes later
I can assure you, your problem is quite frequent, and some of our patients feel it gets more common in the winter months. Again, this is also relatively more common among young adults who tend to probably have what we call an 'exaggerated cremasteric reflex'. The unusual feature in your case is presence of pain if not for which you need not worry about this condition at all. I doubt if any kind of surgery to fix the testes from moving upwards would work, and also as of now, i can not think of a way to stop the cremasteric reflex and therefore at the moment, I suggest that whenever you attempt intercourse, do so in a relatively warm environment. May be you can turn the air-conditioning down during summer, and in colder climates may be snuggle up behind some heavy blankets. I can appreciate the fact that you might not be able to choose this every time you have an erection.
Hope I have been of some use.