Noticed several pin head sized red dots on my back and stomach. Middle of menopause. Cause?

I have suddenly noticed several pin head sized red dots on my back and stomach. I am 49 and on the middle of menopause. Would this cause an increase in the dots?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be cherry angiomas, purpuric spots, etc. I would like you to share some more information with me to help me arrive at a conclusion. I would like to know-
Are the spots raised/flat?
Is there any itching/burning /pain associated over the area?
Do you have any other symptoms like fever/body ache etc?

Besides that, if you can post a good quality close up picture of the affected area it can be very helpful. You can use this site's uploader available on this page to post your pictures.
Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.

Awaiting your reply...

DR Sudarshan