Noticed semen as quite runny and yellowish in colour. On cefpodoximine proxetil. Am I having UTI?

Yesterday I noticed that my semen was quite runny and yellowish in color - and today i masterbated to check if it changed, but it did not. there is no pain or burning. one thing that may be significant is that i have been on cefpodoximine proxetil 200mg for strep throat that relapsed after a 10 day course of penicillin. I'm wondering if that is just a side effect of the drug or if i've developed a urinary tract infection? i dont have any increase in need to urinate day or night.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I understand your worry.
Yellow discoloration of the semen is not a described side effect of the medicine.
However, it may a rare side effect which is usually not described in the literature.
Kindly note,
1.     If the urine is abnormally yellow in color ( more than usual)
2.     If the white of the eye is discolored yellow.
If so, kindly get your liver checked, otherwise kindly wait till the course of the antibiotic is over. If the color is still persistent, kindly take medical advice.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Get well soon.