Noticed right testicle in wrong angle. What does this mean?

Lately I noticed that my right testicle sometimes is in the wrong angle and even "pointing" backwards. After I try to get it back in the right position, it always works and it goes back to where it was supposed to be. I don't know when it started. I noticed it after I started wearing my new underwear but then I wore the older underwear and it still happened. Actually it happens like once a day and I don't think that there is anything that I do which causes that. What does it mean and what should I do about it? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

First you should not worry about the minor change in direction of testis. It may be natural also.

If this is causing pain or discomfort then, you may need evaluation in form of physical examination by surgeon and ultrasound of scrotum.

The main function of testis is production of sperm. You can get your semen analysis done to check its functioning.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Noticed right testicle in wrong angle. What does this mean? 33 minutes later
Thank you. I only have one more question. When I notice that it changes direction, should I try to get it to the right position again or should I just let it stay that way and wait until it goes back by itself?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 8 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

No need to correct or check its position. Just left it to its natural position.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.