Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed redness on the penis head. On cifran 500mg. What should I do to get rid of it?

Sep 2012

hii sir i have problem on my pennis it is became red on the topside below the skin on the top of penis head (like rashes)and even some times its pains too and i contacted our general doctor near our locality he gave cifran 500mg and citzen wit that tablets it became good but after few days i m getting same problem please suggest me what to do..
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
After seeing the photos and from your history I think it is an allergic reaction. Allergy in this particular region occurs in following conditions.
- Using a new brand of condom.
- If your partner has any type of sexually transmitted disease.
- If the water you bath with a water which is contaminated.
- If you have taken paracetamol or other painkillers.
- In rare case, if you have taken antiworm drug recently, the toxin released by the worms may lead to such manifestation.

You have to do the following
1. Take cetrizine group of drug which you were taking previously.
2. Take doxycycline group of drug. Consult your doctor for dose distribution.
3. Avoid the abovementioned things.
4. If your partner has any vaginal discharge, she should be treated for that.
5. If you are using new brand of condom, change it to the previous one.
6. If it does not get over within 15 days then consult with dermatologist for further management.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Noticed redness on the penis head. On cifran 500mg. What should I do to get rid of it? 43 minutes later
Thank u very much sir but as mentioned above i didnt have participated in sex and any others but i am sure i have used contaminated water for bathing purpose i guess ....
u have mentioned me to take doxycycline group of drug plz mention any particular medicines and their dosages how to use them because i m in currently out of station..plz sent entire prescription and mention the usage of medicines timings..
thanking u sirr.....
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 15 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.
If you have not participated in any sexual activity, then you need not to take any antibiotics. Because there is no chance of any Sexually transmitted disease or condom allergy.
Just continue the cetrizine 5 mg tablet before going to bed. If required, you can take maximum two tablets a day.
Avoid the water. If there is no other option, try to use warm water.

If you have your answers, then close this discussion.