Noticed red streaks on cheeks, arms and back. Could it be an allergy? Any cure?

Jan 2013

good morning. I just noticed that my daughter has red streaks on her cheeks, arms and back. I thought it could be an allergy reaction , but she says it doesnt itch
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
I have seen the posted picture and there may 2 possibilities.
Skin lesions appears to be hypopigmented macular lesion with clear cut red margins suggestive of Pityriasis XXXXXXX or fungal infection (may be tines corporis).
You should go for KOH mount preparation for confirmation of fungal infection. If this is found to be negative then there may be possibility of Pityriasis XXXXXXX
Pityriasis XXXXXXX do not specific etiology and no treatment is required and the patches in time will settle.
You can use emollients and weak steroid for short time and for rapid recovery.
You should also consult with dermatologist.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Noticed red streaks on cheeks, arms and back. Could it be an allergy? Any cure? 32 hours later
i am not satisfied with the answer you provided. You are seeing a fungus or discoloration, neither of which I described.

The she has HIVES. it went away by noon on it's own (she took a cool shower). It came back differently after strenuous exercise and we bathed her again and gave her a benadryl and it went away again within 30 minutes.

Tonight she has clear and distinct hives (raised welts) on her back and they are itchy. She also has it on her upper arms.

Would a closer diagnosis be human parvo virus?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 19 minutes later
Human parvo virus may cause Fifth disease also known as Erythema infectiosum and Slapped cheek syndrome. In Fifth disease, patient has fever with malaise while slapped cheek syndrome only involves face not the back and arm.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava