Noticed red spots on inner thigh. No burning or itching. Remedy?

I just noticed some red spots on my inner thigh and up on my lower butt area. They dont hurt or itch or anything just wondering what they are They arent bumps, just spots. There is nothing on my genitalia. There is on I noticed about a week ago on my high inner thigh that kind of looks like a strawberry you would get if you were to skin your knee. That one actually started itching yesterday but looks like it is healing though. Any help on what it may be would be great
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored providing answers to your health questions today. I am so sorry about these reds spots you have noticed and all the unsettling thoughts you have had about them.

From the description of these lesions, they don't immediately point to any conclusive skin problem. It will be very difficult to even make reasonable suggestions without an appropriate examination and/or investigations. They may represent small bleeds from blood vessels. This may be due to friction between the thighs during movement. They may also be spontaneous bleeds. Non itchy and no bumps makes the likelihood of other causes like parasites or insects/tick bites very unlikely.

For now, there is no emergency. They sound more like they do not really represent any underlying problem now. My suggestion would be that you monitor the progression of these red spots(number, size, any itches, changes in colouration, spreading to other parts etc). Also, I will like that you monitor and note the onset of any new symptoms that you have not had before. If new development should suggest otherwise, we shall act so but for now, let's be observant.

If worrisome symptoms, persistence of spots or increase in number and extend should occur, please consider consulting a dermatologist for a closer appraisal.

I hope this addresses your query fully. If you have further questions related to this, please feel free t ask me. I will be ore than happy to address them.
I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Noticed red spots on inner thigh. No burning or itching. Remedy? 11 minutes later
Thank You for your thoughts, they are kind of hard for me to see due to the position of the but I did take some pictures so I could look at the more closely. They are red and Kind of look like sores. I thought about the friction as well because I do get that a lot when I go running and its not what that usually looks like. They started to itch after I sent the email, which makes me wonder if its in my head and it really doesnt itch. They don't look very pleasant though and seems to be quite a bit of them. I guess im just a little worried. I googled a bunch of STDs and looked at pictures and none of the look like what I have, and there is nothing on the penis. Thank you for your time
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Hi and thank you so much for this follow up information.

Talking about STD's, they are far fetched. I don't really think I have ever diagnosed an STD fro lesions similar to what you just described. If they are sore, then itching is almost inevitable because the area is wet. You may want to cleanse with an antiseptic keep it dry . Honestly, if they are sores, i will suggest you get them checked out!

If they should continuously be worrisome to you, please get them checked out. I really feel I should not be too conclusive when the clinical picture is not typical. I will let the doctor who gets the privilege to examine you fully if this should continues to make that call.

I hope the red spots get resolved soon.
I wish you good health.
Please, if you no longer have a question related to this query, you may consider closing the discussion at this time. Please, do remember to rate the answer and write a review to help us become better.
Dr. Ditah, MD.