Noticed red spots inside lower lips. Should I be worried?

Jul 2012

Hey I am concerned about the inside of my lower lip, when I pull it out to look at it I can see a bunch of different veigns, and I have a red spot inside the middle of my lip, I also have some very tiny nonpainful bumps inside it, I have nxiety issues and tend to get worked up over my health every once in a while. I was wondering if u think I should look into it or not? I'm really worried about it. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank u so much and have a grat night.
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 17 minutes later
Hi there.
From your description, you have nothing to worry about...the veins are pretty normal in some folk & the little boil you describe is probably a traumatic lip/cheek bite that has become a tiny granuloma. It will not bother you & yes your anxiety levels being high, this seems increasingly a likely diagnosis. You dont have to worry about anything sinister. i advice you to go across to a dentist or oral surgeon or a dermatologist nearest you for best results as sometimes one resects these tiny growths if they become chronic. Again, nothing to worry is a 5-10 mt procedure done in the outpatient under local anaesthesia & you will soon be as good as new!!
Cheers & good luck. Please do close this query & move are good to go as one would say! Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD