Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed red sore on penis head after masturbation. Should I be worried?

Question
Hello, I have a sore red spot on the head of my penis that I noticed after I masturbated. Its sore to the touch but doesn't burn when anything touches it, it just hurts when anything rubs against it because its sore. Its about the size of half a XXXXXXX It feels as if the skin is dry, there are no bumps just a patch of red that is sore. I've been with the same girl for over a year now, I'm just very worried. I've looked up some causes and some say it may be from masturbating without too hard. I started masturbating without.lubricant that might but then used some after I was erect. I've never had this problem before that's why I'm worried. Once before though I did have a painful red spot that peeled and then went away after a.week. I am scared and would like to hear your thoughts
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 23 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your question,
I am of the view that its due to masturbation.I suggest use of an anti septic to clean and a topical antibiotic, while maintaining the really dry. Using cotton pants could be of help.
Watch this for a week and see how it evolves, certainly, it should fade out. If not , you might need to consult your family physician for a proper evaluation. But I do not think its something that serious. An antiseptic and a topical/local antibiotic should be sufficient for about a week. Using a lubricant from next time could be the best option.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD. If you have nay further queries,do not hesitate asking further questions.