Noticed red ring around penis. No relief from corizon cream. What could be the cause?

I recently went to a doctor to ask about a red ring I have around my penis (just below the head) and she immeditatly wanted to talk to me about STD's. I told her that I had not had sex that included an exchange of bodily fluides so she gave me some corizon cream and told me to apply it twice a day. Its been 3 days and it has not gotten much better. I now have a redness around my anis too. Several months ago I had a date with a girl who put her fingers up my rearend....does this have something to do with all of this?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 minutes later
Going by the description it looks like a candidal balanitis( fungal infection of glans). It is usually characterised by itchy red rashes or fissures over glans with slight white slough. To treat the same you may apply antifungal steroid cream like candid b cream for few days.

The redness around anus could have been due to injury due to introduction of fingers, had it started immediately after your date. But as its of recent onset, it could be due to number of reasons like fungal infection, eczema, surgical causes like piles or fissures, diarrhoea or unhygienic habits. Basically the cause needs to be ruled out and that can only be done by a local examination by a surgeon.
Your date with a girl in past has nothing to do with your problems.
Hope that answers your query. Should there be any doubt, feel free to write back.

Ps should there be no query, we may close the discussion.