Noticed red purple bump on bleed vessel. Found swelling. Feel stiff. Fingers hurt. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my right wrist started slowley hurting with in 2 hrs it was red with a purple bump on a blood vessel and very swollen over the vessel i put ice on it and the purples gone but its swollen and i cant even open a door it hurts real bad and idk if its my imagination but i feel light headed like im going to pass out and the left side of my heads been hurting for 3 days whats going on do u knowi didnt bump it or hurt my self it just came on, its a circle almost the size of a 50 cent piece really swollen over the blood vessel its feels like my hand and wrist going now up my arm not quite to my elbo hurts and feels stiff hard to move and is throbbingits on a very lg main blood vessel just below where your wrist bends hurts the most on my thumb side index finger affecting hand giong up my r arm slowley left side of my head hurts around my kneck almost feels like a stroke

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be hemangioma or carpal tunnel,

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

As per your symptoms there was no history of any injury, and swelling is seen over blood vessel in this case possibility of hemangioma is suspected. As you are taking many medications for various diseases so it can be due to drug intake.

I will advise to go for MRI and routine blood investigation if swelling does not reduce. Continue ice fomentation and medication like anti-inflammatory medicines.

Another probability of carpal tunnel can be considered in which there is swelling over wrist. There is nerve compression near wrist which leads to pain and tingling.

Biopsy can be done when some malignancy is suspected, if he has done some blood investigation which lead towards malignancy then biopsy can be done, but before that MRI can be done which will give extent of lesion.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Noticed red purple bump on bleed vessel. Found swelling. Feel stiff. Fingers hurt. What to do? 2 hours later
What i dont understand is it took just a short while for this to show up its reddish lite purple in colar and no bigger then a 50 cent pieceand moveing up just a little to the underside of my palmits very puffyand some of the evssels going up my arm are puffy i just dont feel rite at all havent been sleeping well eating well even had diareha for 4.5 days now im constapated. also my rite leg behind knee where it bends going up alittle hurts badly also i have no strength there and its been puffyits on the bac of my right leg where it bends what could it be, my mom has polio and did when she was pg with me could this be polio should i go to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can consult at ER

Detailed Answer:

If you are getting neurological weakness in your leg you can show at ER.
Behind knee soft tissue swelling can be a cyst,arising from joint.

Those eruption can also be due viral illness or autoimmune,you may need clinical examination.
As your mom had polio so not necessary that you will have it.