Noticed red patch on eyelid, itchy skin on back and leg, sore throat and headache. Any cure?

Jul 2012

I have a red patch on my left eye lid and multiple tiny red spots below my eye on the same side. Skin is ichy on back and legs, sore throat, headache all just developed last night and today. Red patch above eye was present a couple of weeks ago but went away after dr gave me meds for sore in my mouth. It is back now, have been done with meds for about a week.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 39 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Dont worry about the red patch.
From your description & clinical history, they all appear to be 'petechiae' & 'reactive' pattern to an underlying 'viral' or 'bacterial' infection in your throat.
Might i suggest a throat swab be taken & sent for analysis & to ascertain if any foci of infection present in your tonsillar region that may be responsible for the repeated sore throat infections. Once this is addressed, your skin issues will settle down. In the interim, i would advice you plenty of warm oral fluids to keep hydrated, warm saline throat gargles three times/daily before & after meals & an antihistamine fexofendaine 180mg to give you symptomatic relief vis-a-vis the itch till the main issue is sorted out.
Cheers & wish you Godd Health & a quick recovery!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD