Noticed red marks on penis head after unprotected sex. Could it be herpes?

Question
I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time with out a condom a week and half ago (a Saturday), and the following Tuesday i noticed 2 roundish red marks just below the the head on the right side of the penis. I had been masturbating a lot that week as well, and we did have sex where we went so long she was a bit dry.. The didnt turn into sores, or pimples and they didnt hurt or itch.. They are somewhat sensitive and are still noticable but much lighter now (pink) rather then the darker red they were. I am 27, 5'7 and 147 lbs. I have been tested reguaraly and have always been clean, it has been some time since my gf has been tested, which is my concern.

With that said, can herpes and such show up with in 3-4 days? And is not do you think its just from masturbating to much with out using lube ( i generally dont use lube).

I also have not had a sore throat, fever, no swollen glands, etc

Thanks for any help.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

You are just worrying for no reason of disease. Your description does not sound to be of herpes.

It is a problem of friction and the dryness of the vagina. The fact that the color changed from dark red to pink says it is healing. I suggest you not worry at this point in time.

You can stop masturbating when you have proper sex. And/Or you can pause the intercourse and masturbate when your girl friend is not ready for it.

Hope this advice is taken well.

Follow-up: Noticed red marks on penis head after unprotected sex. Could it be herpes? 21 hours later
So more directly, is it unusal to have herpes apear in such a short time from exposure (3 days after exposure)? Do any other communicable stds would it be normal to have two small sore red marks to appear?

I understand the dry/non lubricated sex can make things raw/irritated, however i have had this type of sex many times before and never noticed marks like this.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later
Herpes symptoms start with flu, pain and itch and a blister later. Hence this is unusual. Check if this breaks and oozes pus. You will have over all body symptoms in almost all the communicable STD.

Every encounter is different and you may have these at times.

I will be able to address any queries that you have like these. You need to be clear about all STD's.