Noticed red cut on penis, no pain. Had oral sex without condom. Could it be herpes?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Can I send you a photo of my penis so you could examine it for herpes or hpv?

Hello. I am experiencing somewhat worrisome symptoms on me penis after a protected sexual encounter approx 2 weeks ago. Approx three days after I had sex, I noticed a small red "cut" on my penis. I did not experience any pain. It appeared as though the skin was trying to scab over. No blood or fluids were present. I am worried that this could be herpes or HPV. The female did perform oral sex on me without a condom. Could this XXXXXXX possibly be from rough oral sex (teeth) or something of that nature? Friction during intercourse? I have been taking photos of me penis during the past two weeks. It appears to be "healing", although, its been two full weeks and it is still not completely healed. Can you take a look and see what this could possibly be?

Also, I have no pain or itching. No blisters or discharge. It's been two weeks and it it still not fully healed.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the photographs and facts that you have posted it appears that you had near total protected vaginal sex and oral sex 2 weeks back and noticed red cut over the shaft of the penis near coronal sulcus.

This is not associated with any other urinary symptoms,urethral discharge or itching .Looking at the photograph it looks to be simple abrasion due to rough vigorous oral sex.

In absence of other common symptoms of Herpes or HPV and protected vaginal sex it is unlikely to be either Herpes or HIV.
Please do not worry .You need to clean the wound properly with warm water and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.
It will heal up within 10 days.
In view of oral sex and cut over the penis it will be better if you get basic screening test (Rapid Test ) for HIV doneand ,repeat the test after six months to be rest assured about HIV.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..