Noticed red cut on penis and having pain. Could it be herpes or HPV?

Jul 2016

Hello. I am experiencing somewhat worrisome symptoms on me penis after a protected sexual encounter approx 2 weeks ago. Approx three days after I had sex, I noticed a small red "cut" on my penis. I did not experience any pain. It appeared as though the skin was trying to scab over. No blood or fluids were present. I am worried that this could be herpes or HPV. The female did perform oral sex on me without a condom. Could this XXXXXXX possibly be from rough oral sex (teeth) or something of that nature? Friction during intercourse? I have been taking photos of me penis during the past two weeks. It appears to be "healing", although, its been two full weeks and it is still not completely healed. Can you take a look and see what this could possibly be?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have sustained minor abrasion over shaft of your penis during forceful vigorous oral sex.
Since you had protected vaginal sex and do not have any other symptoms there is nothing to worry about.

Please apply topical antibiotic ointment for one week and wait for results.If it persists you can get your rapid screening test for HIV done to allay your anxiety.

Since there is no itching it is unlikely to be Herpes infection .

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed red cut on penis and having pain. Could it be herpes or HPV? 13 minutes later
Thank you for the response. So based on the photographs that I sent, it doesn't appear to look like herpes or HPV? How long does something like this usually take to completely heal? I read online that i could possibly be a yeast infection. Any thoughts on that? I have been applying neorsporin and a clotrimazole cream to it.

Like I said, I noticed the symptoms approx 3 days after my sexual encounter. Would HPV warts or herpes show up as early as three days after you have a sexual encounter? Does it look like a herpes or HPV infection?

So you think with rest and antibiotic ointment, it should heal up just fine? You don't think there is anything to worry about based on the photographs and facts I presented?

Thanks again for your response.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.
Based on my clinical experience of 40 years and absence of any symptoms I can say with confidence that this is neither Herpes,nor yeast infection .
Continue applying Neosporin This will heal up within 2 weeks.
There is nothing to worry about.
Thanks and Regards.