Noticed red bumps on penis shaft. What are the chances of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have a small red/pink bump on the shaft of my penis. I first noticed it a couple weeks ago when it was just a tiny bump that was the same color as my skin. I tried to pop whatever it was and if I remember correctly, a pin tip sized something came out, but I can't say for sure. Now a couple weeks later it's a little larger and red/pink. I tried to squeeze it again today but nothing came out, I tried the "vinegar" test and it did in fact turn white. Is this definitely HPV? I unfortunately cannot submit a picture through this system because I am on my phone.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You have not told anything about your sexual activity. Anyhow the duration and the description given by you seems it would be Genital wart due to HPV. You have to undergo other tests for STD and HIV to rule out these diseases as Wart may be a marker of other STDs and shares the same route of infection.
It is better to approach a STD clinic and get treated as self medication lead to complications and may likely to mask important other problems.
Chemical cauterization, electric cauterization, Diathermy cauterization, Cryo Surgery,Lasers, Immuno-modulator treatments are available for Warts. Your Doctor will give appropriate treatment for you. Always go for safe sex.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Noticed red bumps on penis shaft. What are the chances of HIV? 13 minutes later
I had unprotected sex in the beginning of January and protected sex a couple months ago. as for the vinegar test, only the very tip of the bump became white not the entire bump. I went to the bathroom about an hour ago and I noticed a decrease in size of the bump and a tiny red scab at the tip of the bump, I'm guessing caused by me trying to squeeze it this morning. I know I've been irritating it quite a bit the last couple of days. Also, is it normal for a genital wart to become red and become a bump once it's squeezed?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Thanks for your doubt.
You are having unprotected sex during January. Mostly it may be a genital wart only. Don't waste your time by your experiments. Better to consult your physician early and get yourself well.
Dr S.Murugan