Noticed red blotchy skin on face after drinking alcohol. Any thoughts?

Hi, we were out last night, had drinks, woke up this morning with crazy red blotchy skin - face, pupils are like pin needles but my rise almost look dark they're so red and swollen. I also have what feels like crazy anxiety. Any thoughts? I didn't eat anything unusual and yes drinking bit not crazy amounts.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 32 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
It is not exactly same as you feel. Pin point pupil are seen in severe alcohol intoxication . In such condition you will not able to explain yourself also.
Overall it looks you have alcohol withdrawal symptoms. You need to take plenty of water with glucose powder. You can also take juices. Take a light breakfast and sleep for at least 6 hours.
If you have symptoms like pain in abdomen or vomiting then you need to consult ER for proper medical management. Otherwise you will be fine.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.