Noticed recurrence of red circle on stomach. Any ideas what it could be?

Urologist
Question
Hi for over 2 years now every now and again I wake with a red circle on my stomach after an hour or so it just fades away. I have no other symtoms and has nothing to do with leaning on anything while sleeping. The circle appears to be like a suction cup XXXXXXX It's probably the size of a glass opening. It is clear in the centre and the skin is not raised or itchy. It's been happening more and more lately about every second day so I have photographed it and it appears to be in almost the same spot each time, just above my belly button. Any ideas?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possible causes are

1. Fixed drug eruption.
2. Ring worm infestation.
3. Migrating erythema.

Kindly upload photo if you can,

DR GS

Follow-up: Noticed recurrence of red circle on stomach. Any ideas what it could be? 2 days later
I have uploaded a photo, you can see that it is more of a whitish ring with normal flesh inside. I have looked at pics for the possible causes you listed and mine looks nothing like that

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to HCM

since it is in the same place, fixed drug eruption is possible.
A dermatology consult is worthwhile.
Get well soon,

DR GS

Follow-up: Noticed recurrence of red circle on stomach. Any ideas what it could be? 13 minutes later
Even though it only happens when I wake up and an hour later it has totally disappeared and never shows again until the next morning?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 49 minutes later

Welcome back.

Such bizarre presentations present a puzzle for doctors at times.
To ascertain that there is nothing serious going on, It is wise to consult and show a photo to the doc as well.

Wishing you good health
DR GS