Noticed rashes and water filled blisters on inner thighs. Diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease. Suggestions

General Surgeon
my daughter is 43/4 years and has been diagnosed with HFMD...hand foot and mouth disease today. just now i saw some rashes and water filled blisters on her inner thighs.wht can tht be? is it a cause of concern?she has a lot of mouth ulcers and also has some red blisters on the knees and elbows..along with hands and feet.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no cause of concern Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXXX Such blister filled with clear transparent fluid are common occurrence and there is no cause of concern. The aim of treatment is to prevent secondary infection by local care of blisters and avoiding trauma and application of antibiotic ointment which is already been given. The oral ulcers may be painful, application of local anaesthetic like Benzocaine will give the much needed relief. There is no cause of concern, the disease is usually self limiting. I hope it helped In case you need any further assistance kindly get back to me, will be glad to assist Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS ,MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon