Noticed random patterns of goosebumps appearing on thigh. Could it be pinched nerve or nerves misfiring?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Patches/random patterns of goosebumps keep appearing on my left thigh for 5-10 seconds each time. It's happened at least 10 times today. This happens for a few days every few months.
I don't know if its related, but I had a migraine yesterday. I'm a healthy weight, work out regularly, and eat well. What could be causing this? Pinched nerve? Nerves misfiring? Partial Seizures?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 53 minutes later
Dear Friend,

I would like to know if you have associated numbness, tingling or pain associated with the goose bumps. If you have these, then yes, this could be a sign of nerve irritation. The area of concern is also not associated with either seizure or migraine.

In simple words - In the absence of associated symptoms, I am not concerned. However if you are concerned, you may visit a competent neurologist and apply for EEG.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Follow-up: Noticed random patterns of goosebumps appearing on thigh. Could it be pinched nerve or nerves misfiring? 46 minutes later
No pain is associated with the goosebumps. It's hard to say if I experience numbness/ tingling. It feels like someone is lightly placing their hand on my leg. I recall getting the goosebumps on my left arm as well. I also get muscle twitches on different spots on my body: arm, leg, abdomen, eye lid- always thought it was electrolyte deficiency but possibly connected to this?

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 7 hours later
Dear Friend,

Thanks for providing the additional details. Based on the details provided, I think you should get serum electrolytes and EMG done apart from investigations mentioned earlier. Nevertheless, the symptoms are still not serious concerns.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.